Who We Are
Charlotte Cornelius Jewellery Ltd is a small business based in Southsea, Hampshire. We exist to create 'Jewellery for Life' in all its meanings:
For our customers, this means providing the opportunity for anyone to experience the joys of owning bespoke jewellery and making them feel special and valued by giving them the best quality product as well as a friendly and compassionate service.
For our staff, this means celebrating and investing in the growth of our team, both personally and in their role and industry, ensuring an egalitarian and collaborative working environment within our small and friendly team.
For our Planet, this means integrating and continually working towards ethical and sustainable practices into everything we do, including responsible policies.
We began as a small business in 1998 and have grown into a boutique with an in-house workshop, planning to expand our space and underpin our reputation throughout Hampshire and the South Coast for the highest quality in design, jewellery making, creativity and customer care.
We strive to ensure diversity, equality and inclusion lie at the hear of our values as a small business. We are an equal opportunities employer and qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, age or disability.
We are happy to support any successful applicant with any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process.
We are proud to hold the title of best Jeweller in Hampshire and Isle of Wight for two years in a row.
We are looking for a new Operations Administrator who has drive and ambition, is process led and is logical in approach, but who also has an inclusive work ethic with an adaptable approach to the work at hand in progressive environment.
This role is perfect for a logistical practical person with a flair for developing documentation processes and in-house policies, with great communication skills to enhance our customer relations, and in-house team.
This is initially a part-time position with flexible 4hrs a day with a minimum of 4 days per week, with the opportunity to grow with the business with our own expansion plans.
What we can offer you:
- A small and friendly staff team with a really positive work culture and frequent opportunities for social and recreational activities.
- Annual leave 28 days inclusive of bank holidays pro rata. We do have compulsory closure between Christmas and New Year.
- Our generous annual profit sharing scheme
- Flexible working options.
- A statutory pension agreement.
- Specifically tailored career progression opportunities.
- In-house and external training opportunities.
- General assistance to the business owner providing office administrative and communication support.
- Diary Management - communication via telephone, email and arranging in person visits.
- Manage incoming emails, calls and supplier communication. Ensure all customer enquiries are promptly dealt with and the correct administration procedures are followed.
- Take responsibility for a sage working environment in the workshop ensure all Health and Safety policies and prodcedures are adhered to.
- Liaising with Benchwork Administrator to ensure stock availability and customer orders are completed on time.
- Seasonal stock taking and reporting for bench admin.
- Develop in-house documentation to continue progression of the Positive Luxury Butterfly Mark.
- Maintain in-house policies and staff handbooks, including HR personnel records.
- Keep records for external policy renewals.
- A team player.
- A self starter, with strong work ethic.
- Proactive, take initiative and have a problem solving mind set.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Possess excellent communication skills and exceptional phone etiquette.
- Critical thinker with great organisational and project management skills.
- IT literate with an adaptable approach to software systems - we use PC and MAC.
- Have experience with the Mac based office software - although training can be provided if previously Microsoft trained.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and 1-page covering letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role to email@example.com
Applications will close 07.07.23
Interviews will be held end of July 2023