Terms & Conditions for Buying Jewellery from Charlotte Cornelius Ltd.
1. SUPPLIER IDENTIFICATION charlottecornelius.co.uk is a site operated by Charlotte Cornelius Ltd. We are registered in England under company number 8453287 and with our registered office and trading address is 87a Marmion Road Southsea PO5 2AX Our VAT number is [GB220870629]. We are a member of the National Association of Jewellers.
2. RIGHT TO CANCEL All customers have the right to cancel their online orders (for Ready to Wear jewellery) under the The Distance Selling Regulations which gives consumers extra protection when buying online. Specific legislation here that applies is regulation 8 of The Distance Selling Regulations. You have the right to cancel the purchase of a good without having to give a reason at any time within the "cooling off period" of seven working days, beginning on the day after you receive the goods. If you are in possession of the goods you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have cancelled the contract. We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense. Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your cancellation.
3. EXEMPTION - BESPOKE COMMISSIONS AND PERSONALISED JEWELLERY You will not have any right to cancel a purchase for the supply of any of the following goods: • for the supply of goods the price of which is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the retailer; • for the supply of goods made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. (Please note for Charlotte Cornelius Ltd customers this could include fluctuations in precious metal and gemstone prices, and any jewellery commission, or ready to wear jewellery which has been engraved or adapted to your own specification) 3a. Deposits paid Please note that because of exemption 3. - Deposits paid for jewellery commissioned or personalised are non refundable. ( If in unforeseen circumstances you are forced to cancel a commission or personalised piece of jewellery through no fault of your own, although legally not obliged, as a good will gesture we will endeavour to return a deposit less our expenses of time and materials if that is reasonable, and at our own discretion, in consultation with each individual client on a case by case basis)
5. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA We may disclose your personal data: • if we sell our business • to agents and service providers • In cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber crime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s. We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website [customers and sales] in order to describe our services to prospective partners [advertisers, sponsors] and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
6. CUSTOMER PRIVACY RIGHTS If you are concerned about your data, you have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee to request access to personal data which may hold or process about you.
7. NOTICES All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on this site. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. [Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.] In providing the the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
COPYRIGHTS All content and functionality on the Site, including text, graphics, logos, icons and images and the selection and arrangement thereof is the exclusive property of Charlotte Cornelius or its licensors and is protected by English and international copyright laws. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
TRADEMARKS The trademarks, service marks, designs and logos (collectively, the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are the Trademarks of Charlotte Cornelius and its licensors. You agree that you will not refer to or attribute any information to Charlotte Cornelius or its licensors in any public medium (eg press release, websites) for advertising or promotional purposes, or for the purpose of informing or influencing any third party, and that you will not use or reproduce any Trademark of, or imply any endorsement by or relationship with, Charlotte Cornelius or its licensors. USE
OF SITE CONTENT Charlotte Cornelius hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and download, display, and print one copy of the content and functionality displayed on the Site (the "Site Content") on any single computer solely for your internal, business use, provided that you do not modify the Site Content in any way and that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices displayed on the Site Content. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, distribute, transmit, post, or disclose the Site Content without Charlotte Cornelius’ prior written consent.
USER POSTINGS You acknowledge and agree that Charlotte Cornelius shall own and have the unrestricted right to use, publish, and otherwise exploit any and all information that you post or otherwise publish on the Site in postings, survey responses, and otherwise, and you hereby waive any claims against Charlotte Cornelius for any alleged or actual infringements of any rights of privacy or publicity, moral rights, or rights of attribution in connection with Charlotte Cornelius’ use and publication of such submissions. You covenant that you shall not post or otherwise publish on the Site any materials that are threatening, libellous, defamatory, or obscene; would constitute, or that encourage conduct that would constitute, a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate law; infringe the intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of any third parties; contain a computer virus or other destructive element; contain advertising; or constitute or contain false or misleading statements. Charlotte Cornelius does not and cannot review all information posted to the Site by users and is not responsible for such information. However, Charlotte Cornelius reserves the right to refuse to post and the right to remove any information, in whole or in part, for any reason or for no reason.
NOTICES OF INFRINGEMENT AND TAKEDOWN BY CHARLOTTE CORNELIUS Charlotte Cornelius prohibits the posting of any information that infringes or violates the copyright rights and/or other intellectual property rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of any person or entity. If you believe that your intellectual property right *or such a right that you are responsible for enforcing) is infringed by any content on the Site, please write to Charlotte Cornelius at the address shown below, giving a written statement that contains: identification of the copyrighted work and/or intellectual property right claimed to have been infringed; identification of the allegedly infringing material on the Site that is requested to be removed; your name, address, and daytime telephone number, and an e-mail address if available; a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work and/or exercise of the intellectual property right is not authorised by the owner, its agent, or the law; a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed; and the signature of the intellectual property right owner or someone authorised on the owner's behalf to assert infringement of the right.
DISCLAIMERS The content and functionality on the site is provided with the understanding that Charlotte Cornelius is not herein engaged in rendering professional advice and services to you. All content and functionality on the site is provided "as is," without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Charlotte Cornelius and its third-party content providers make no warranties, express or implied, as to the ownership, accuracy, or adequacy of the site content. Charlotte Cornelius shall have no liability or responsibility for any information published on linked websites, contained in any user submissions published on the site, or provided by third parties. Neither Charlotte Cornelius nor its third-party content providers shall be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or for lost revenues or profits, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages or losses and regardless of the theory of liability. THIRD-PARTY
GOVERNING LAW These Terms and conditions are governed by and shall be constructed in accordance with the Laws of England and under the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
KLARNA You can choose to pay using Klarna. Klarna will provide you with specific payment terms.